Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Not Bitter Just Surprised...

    Former Seattle Mariners skipper Don Wakamatsu gave his first interview today since being relieved of his managerial duties. "I think with every experience, you gain experience. Obviously going through the last year and a half is going to make me a better person and hopefully more intelligent as time goes on. I think the proudest thing was what happened the last day last year and the connection we had with the fans. It was pretty special. I have been in the game a long time and that moment, that time will probably sit with me for the rest of my life. That is what you strive for, what you can give back to the fans, what you can bring them. We fell short this year, hopefully the organization will continue to succeed."

    Wak made sure to thank all the people in Seattle by saying, "The organization makes the decision to move on and I respect that. I respect the fact that they gave me the opportunity and I am thankful, really thankful for the support I got from the city of Seattle."

    The Former Mariners skipper plans to now visit and spend time with his Northwest family before returning home to his home state of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment